Digital Resilience Bonus Appeal
For business owners who find their Digital Resilience Bonus (DRB) claim rejected, fret not as there is a channel for appeal.
The DRB appeal channel is not as widely known as it should be and many businesses give up after realising they might not meet some of the eligibility criteria.
To qualify for DRB bonus there are four baseline eligibility criteria, the business needs to meet:
- Your UEN must fall under Retail Sectors – SSIC code must start with (47)
- Your UEN must be incorporated on or before 26 May 2020
- Your UEN must have an active PayNow Corporate account
- Your UEN must be on Peppol e-invoicing network
What can you appeal?
Business owners can only appeal Criteria 1 if their business do not have the necessary SSIC code.
Criteria 2 is irrefutable, meaning if your UEN was incorporated after 26 May 2020, there would be no chance for an appeal.
Criteria 3 and 4 will not be a problem as you can create a PayNow Corporate account and register for Peppol at any time.
Your UEN must fall under Retail Sectors – SSIC code must start with (47)
When businesses fail to meet this criteria, it is usually due to one or two reasons.
- Businesses have started as a non-retail business in nature and slowly branched out to retail.
- Businesses may have registered under the wrong SSIC code from the very beginning.
If you believe your business falls under any of the above, you can fill in an appeal form for a DRB officer to review.
Digital Resilience Bonus Appeal Form
You can find the appeal form here.
While appeals are subjected to a case by case basis, you can prepare certain materials for a better chance at a successful appeal.
Here is the key information and material you need to provide.
- Describe the full range of activities of your company. This should include product offerings and existing sales channels. To also provide address(es) of retail shopfront(s) and link(s) to e-commerce / e-marketplace sites. This is the biggest contributing factor to your appeal. You must be able to prove that your business has a retail aspect.
- Upload a photo or a screenshot of your current shopfront/ecommerce site.
- Declare your annual revenue from your latest financial year and indicate if more than 50% of your revenue comes from retail sale of products to B2C consumers, you may choose to upload any supporting documentation.
- Indicate if your digital solution is pre-qualified. (You can check here to see if your digital solution is listed)
You can find out more about Digital Resilience bonus on our grant information page, along with information on other available grants in Singapore such as Productivity Solution Grant and SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit.
EPOS is a pre-approved vendor for Digital Resilience Bonus (Retail). Our Point of Sales (POS) System is the most comprehensive and full featured POS system in Singapore. We are the only POS system that qualifies for the DRB Category 3 – Data Mining & Analytic.
If you’re interested in applying for a POS system, feel free to give us a call at +65 6871 8833. Our local expert will provide a free consultation session or you can also schedule a demo to understand how our system can benefit your business.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any enquiry.